Freshwater Pearl Stud Earrings 7mm Round Pearls in 9K Yellow Gold
ITEM REF: OR3108.7/1028Y9
The pearl stud earrings are set with white 7mm genuine round freshwater pearls. These high quality pearls have a great lustre and clean surface and are set in 9K yellow gold. The simple push on butterfly backs that come with the pearl stud earrings make them easy to wear on a daily basis. This ladies yellow gold pearl studs come beautifully packaged in a Diamond Treats gift box. This pearl earrings make a perfect birthday gift, anniversary gift or a gift to a friend or a loved for any occasion.
|Pearl Details||Round Freshwater Pearl
June's birthstones is the pearl, representing wisdom through experience. It is said to facilitate engagements and love relationships. Pearls are used as love and healing charms to protect against fire and to ward off evil.
How Pearls are Valued
There is no industry-wide grading system for Pearls. Generally, the value of pearls is determined by the following factors:
Very little pearls (2-5 mm); bead pearls (5-5.5 mm); medium (5.5-6.5 mm); large (6.5-7.5 mm); extra large (7.5-8.5 mm) or super large (8.5 mm and up). Just to put it in perspective a difference of only 1mm can double of triple the price of the pearl. The size of a pearl is determined by its diameter and is measured in millimeters.
The thickness of the nacre depends on the growth period allowed for each pearl and its formation strongly influences the luster. If it is too thin then it looks dull and the value is low.
This depends on the translucence of nacre and the nacre layers. The most desired luster is that of a mirror like glow.
Spherical or round pearls are the most valuable (all other factors being equal). However baroque pearls (irregularly shaped) can be valuable to some jewellery designers too.
Colour is influenced by the mollusk / Oyster itself and by the environment in which the mollusk lives. The main characteristics of colour are Body-colour and overtone. Body-colour is the main color of the pearl. Overtone is the transparent colours that appear on the surface of the pearl.
Blemishes and other irregularities on the surface of the pearl influence its value. The Pearls used by Diamond Treats are virtually surface clean which means that the pearl are very clean with very little blemishes.
Pearls are far from the simplistic natural gemstone that many take them to be, and in fact there are a range of differing pearls, which may each be farmed in a different way or naturally found, with each and every pearl subject to differing characteristics. The overarching collection of pearls may be either Freshwater or Saltwater, depending upon where they are found or farmed. However beyond this there are Akoya, Tahitian, South Sea, Eyris or Baroque Shaped pearls.
Freshwater pearls are grown within lakes, rivers or ponds (which are mostly found within China). Whilst the majority of such pearls are white akoya type cultured pearls, they may also be farmed to specifically be another colour (which is generally a pastel). Finally, as they are freshwater farmed, they feature a nacre which is thicker than is found within akoya pearls.
Freshwater pearls are produced primarily in China, Japan & North America. China has become the leader in this pearl type by developing new freshwater culturing techniques so nearly 96% of freshwater pearls today are produced in China with much higher quality, even making them comparable and indistinguishable from their saltwater cousins.
Freshwater pearls are normally available from 3mm to 11mm in size.
Freshwater Pearls are very difficult to find completely round or near-round. On average only 2% of Freshwater Pearls become round!
Saltwater pearls are, as their name would suggest, created naturally by oysters within seas around the world (most commonly within regions such as Thailand, Australia and Tahiti). The akoya pearl is the most common of all saltwater pearls. They are near perfectly round, featuring a bright yet neutral colour and may be the stereotypical pearl that you would think of if asked to imagine a pearl necklace or set of pearl earrings.
What is the difference between 'Natural' and 'Cultured' pearls?
Many of our clients ask us what the difference is between 'Natural' and 'Cultured' pearls, and in fact the defining difference is simply a matter of where they’re farmed. Natural pearls are, as you would assume, found naturally within the seas, most commonly within the Persian Gulf. However what is not so obvious is the fact that they have mostly already been discovered and are therefore incredibly rare (as well as expensive). Cultured pearls are then, in comparison, grown within pearl farms, where pieces of mantle tissue or round beads are placed into molluscs to begin the natural process where layers of nacre form around the foreign body; at the end of this process there would then be a pearl.
Ten lesser known yet completely intriguing facts about pearls
Pearls: A few myths and misunderstandings:
|Metal||9K Yellow Gold|
ALL ITEMS IN STOCK WILL BE DISPATCHED IN 1-2 WORKING DAY
- Free Delivery on all items shipped to UK, Northern Ireland & Channel Islands
- Want Delivery Before 9am? This option is also available for £15.95 when you checkout
- Stock Availability - Please see below the Product Price on the product pages for actual delivery time
- If the ordered item is in stock, we aim to ship all items within 24 hours of receiving your order
- All shipments over £60 are sent fully insured and through 'Royal Mail Special Delivery' where the shipment is guaranteed to be delivered by 1pm on the day after we dispatch your item
- Orders under £60 will be sent by 'Royal Mail Signed for' delivery where the shipment is tracked and signed for at point of delivery. The estimated delivery time for this service is 1-3 Days. For Next Day delivery please selected 'Next Working Day by 1pm Special Delivery' at checkout for a cost of £6.95
- Please note that for orders placed on weekends and bank holidays, if Next Working Day delivery is selected, then the order will be dispatched on the next working day and delivered the next working day after.
- AT CHECKOUT, VAT WILL BE DEDUCTED FOR CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE EUROPEAN UNION (EU)
- Please note that if delivery is required to a country outside of the United Kingdom, your country's customs office may require that you pay import duties and taxes on your ordered jewellery. It is important to note that you are liable to pay these and Diamond Treats take no responsiblity for any international duties or taxes which may be incurred.
- We ship by FedEx International Priority so all items will need to be signed for at point of receipt
- Shipping charges are £49.95 per shipment
- If your ordered item is in stock, delivery time is about 4-5 working days from date of order
- No Quibble 30 Day Returns for full refunds as long as the item is in the same condition it was in when dispatched
- Free 30 Day Exchanges
- All "Made to Order" items are custom made for you and therefore cannot be exchanged or refunded. These items will be clearly marked as "MADE TO ORDER" under the Add to Bag button on the product pages. Returning or exchanging items are a consumers 'Right to Cancel'. Your right to cancel does not apply to goods that are made to the consumers specifications or are clearly personalised. In our store, these items will normally be rings which have to be specially made to your finger size.
What if my Ring Size is not in Stock?
If the ring size is in stock, when you go to select your ring size, the words "In Stock" will appear next to the size. If the ring size you want is not in stock, you can still order the ring but the delivery time will be 6 weeks. You can also select your ring size and see the delivery time under the Add to Bag button. All items in stock will be dispatched within 1-2 wroking days.
What is the purpose of a valuation certificate?
The valuation shows the RRP (Recommended Retail Price) of the item which is required by insurance companies as the retail price of the item for replacement purposes. It also acts as a proof of ownership.
What diamond quality is used?
The diamonds set in our jewellery are a minimum of Clarity SI and Colour G/H. The actual diamond colour and clarity for each product is shown next to "Diamond Quality" in the ‘Summary of Details’ section of every product page.
Will I get a Diamond / Gemstone Certificate?
All of our diamonds and gemstones come with a Certificate.
Can I return earrings?
Yes. We are able to steralise earrings if returned so are happy for customers to return their Diamond Earrings if necessary.
Can I have my order delivered to an Alternate Address to my billing address?
Yes. You will be prompted to enter the required delivery address at checkout. Please note that if you wish to pay with finance arranged through 'Pay4later' then the item can only be sent to your billing address.
Can I collect my item?
Yes. Just email email@example.com or call 0208 475 7211 as soon as you have placed your order to arrange an appointment. The order will have to be collected by the person who placed the order and they will have to present the credit / debit card with which they paid for the item as well as a photo ID and a proof of address (which is less than 3 months old).
Can I request a specific delivery date?
Yes. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 475 7211 as soon as you have placed your order and we will ensure that the items are sent to you to be received on your requested date.
Are your diamonds conflict free?
Yes. Our suppliers guarantee that all diamonds come through a government and UN backed process introduced in 2003 know as the ‘Kimberley Process’.
Is your jewellery nickel free?
All our items are manufactured to fully comply by the UK and EU regulations that apply to the use of Nickel in Jewellery.
Are the products hallmarked?
All of our products are hallmarked as stipulated by the law in UK.
What is Rhodium plating?
The natural colour of white gold has a slight shade of yellow, therefore white gold jewellery is plated with Rhodium which is a precious white metal that gives it a wonderful white shine. Rhodium plating can wear away eventually through normal wear and tear but to keep jewellery looking its best, the item can easily be re-rhodium plated to bring it back to new.
A Christmas GiftI purchased these as a Christmas present for my wife.She said the colour and symmetry of the pearls was the finest she had seen.Delighted with them and for myself excellent quality and value.Thank you.
OTHER SUGGESTED ITEMS
ITEM REF: E34491C/145W9
ITEM REF: E36581/146W9
ITEM REF: E38106/147W9
ITEM REF: E35733/148W9
ITEM REF: E35733/148Y9
ITEM REF: E36578/149W9
ITEM REF: E36578/149Y9
ITEM REF: E38111/150W9
ITEM REF: E38111/150Y9
ITEM REF: E36580/151W9
ITEM REF: E36580/151Y9