At Diamond Treats:
- All our emeralds are natural gemstones.
- We maintain excellent clarity and a lovely green colour in all emeralds.
- Our emeralds are cut with high precision for extra sparkle and shine.
- Emerald size and specifications are stated on the product pages of our website.
- We provide certification with all our emerald jewellery.
- Made out of the material Beryl.
- Sturdy and Resilient, ranks 5 – 8 out of 10 on Mohs hardness scale.
- Verdant Green colour due to chromium and vanadium inclusion in the gemstone.
- It is mostly mined in Egypt, India, Austria, Colombia, Zambia
- Emerald is May’s Birthstone. Ideal Birthday gift for anyone born that month.
- Perfect for relationship Anniversaries and romantic gifts.
- It is also a traditional 20th and 55th wedding anniversary gift.
Energy and Symbology:
As a symbol of life creation, emeralds symbolize life, renewal and resurrection. They are also said to help with emotional ailments such as bad mood and stress.
They are said to provide the holder or wearer with:
- Emotional Resilience
The Myth and the Meaning:
- When worn or carried it was said that emeralds strengthen love, intelligence, eloquence, and popularity!
- The emerald is considered to be an especially lucky stone for expectant mothers; pregnant women in ancient Egyptian women made a practice of wearing them!
- When worn by travellers, emeralds were said to bring good luck and were thought to calm storms at sea!
- Emeralds are fascinating gemstones. They have the most beautiful, most intense and most radiant green that can possibly be imagined: emerald green.
- Numerous celebrities prefer Emeralds and have been spotted by the camera wearing Emerald Jewellery! Some of the names include Angelina Jolie, Victoria Beckham, Halle Berry, Beyoncé, Lea Seydoux and more.
- John F. Kennedy proposed to Jacqueline Bouvier with a 1-million-dollar emerald ring on her finger. The ring was designed by Van Cleef & Arpels.
- It is said that In Ancient Egypt, Queen Cleopatra was especially fond of emerald.
- Emerald’s name has a long history! It comes from Latin word “esmaraldus/a” variant of the Latin word “smaragdus” which in turn comes from the Ancient Greek word “smaragdos” which meant green!
- Rumour has it, also, that God gave King Solomon 4 emerald gemstones, giving him complete power over creation.