At Diamond Treats:
- All our garnets are natural gemstones.
- We maintain excellent clarity and a lovely dark red colour in all garnets.
- Our garnets are cut with high precision for extra sparkle and shine.
- Garnet size and specifications are stated on the product pages of our website.
- We provide certification with all our garnet jewellery.
Garnet and its Characteristics:
- Garnet is a silicate mineral of varying compositions.
- Sturdy and Resilient, ranks 5 to 7.5 on Mohs hardness scale.
- Variety of Colours according to the stone’s material.
- Garnet can be found near granite pegmatite and allied rock types.
- Most common mining locations include North and South America, Madagascar, Russia, Kenya, Turkey and Tanzania.
- Garnet is the January Birthstone. Ideal Birthday gift for anyone born that month.
- It is also a traditional 2nd and 6th wedding anniversary gift.
- Perfect for relationship Anniversaries and romantic gifts.
- Make for thoughtful graduation gifts and mother’s day gifts!
- Garnets are also given as gifts between mutual friends in the hope that they would see each other again very soon.
The Energy and Symbology:
Wearing garnet Jewellery is said to enhance:
- Passion for life
- Pleasure from the little things in life
It is also a stone that is believed to have healing properties for the body and mind. It’s believed that it aids good circulation of the blood and helps with blood related issues. Also, it is said to enhance your passion for life.
The Myth and the Meaning:
- The garnet was believed to remove negativity and impose positive changes in the person who wears it.
- According to an Indian myth, the garnet is regarded as a holy stone that ‘forever enlightens the soul and nourishes wisdom’
- Placed under the pillow, garnets were thought to ward off bad dreams and evil spirits.
- In legend, garnets are called the Stone of Constancy and are said to stop hemorrhaging, cure inflammatory diseases, and resolve anger and discord.
- Many Celebrities prefer the garnet as a stone of choice for their jewellery!
Namely Selena Gomez wore garnet Jewellery at People’s Choice Awards red Carpet event in Los Angeles in 2011. Jennifer Carpenter also wore garnet Jewellery at Screen Actors guild awards in Los Angeles in 2011.
- Garnet is an especially luxurious piece of jewellery that will amaze you. The size can vary, and it is ideal for statement jewellery or bold garnet centrepiece necklaces and garnet rings.
- Garnet was traded and used as jewellery in antiquity by numerous civilizations, most notably the Romans.
- The name “garnet” comes from the Latin word “Garanatus,” meaning “seedlike,” in reference to the fruit seeds of pomegranate
- Egyptian pharaohs were admirers of the red garnet necklace and believed when they died, the power of the garnet would help them regenerate in the afterlife.
- King Solomon was given one of the very first garnet gemstones ever created by God. According to myth, it wasn’t the ring that gave him his famous supernatural powers, but this Seal of Solomon.