At Diamond Treats:
- All our rubies are natural gemstones.
- We maintain excellent clarity and a lovely deep red colour in all rubies.
- Our rubies are cut with high precision for extra sparkle and shine.
- Ruby size and specifications are stated on the product pages of our website.
- We provide certification with all our ruby jewellery.
- Made out of the material Corundum.
- Sturdy and Resilient, ranks 9 out of 10 on the hardness scale.
- Crimson red colour due to chromium inclusion in the gemstone.
- They are mined mostly in Mozambique,Thailand and Cambodia.
- Ruby is July's Birthstone. Ideal Birthday gift for anyone born that month.
- Ancient lore tells us that a ruby is capable of reconciling lover's quarrels. Makes for the perfect making up gift.
- It is also an ideal 40th wedding anniversary gift.
- Perfect for relationship Anniversaries and romantic gifts.
Energy and Symbology:
Ruby is a stone that is said to shield against emotional damage and negativity.
It also is said to provide the owner with:
- Emotional stability and joy
The Myth and the Meaning:
- A ruby engagement ring is said to express passion and promise.
- A heart-shaped ruby is said to attract love when worn over the heart in a red velvet bag filled with seashells.
- A ruby gemstone is said to promote enthusiasm, vigour and passion for life.
- It is also believed to promote dynamic leadership.
- Ruby Jewellery has since ancient times been associated with wealth and prosperity.
- In Dec 2011, Elizabeth Taylor's jewellery collection was sold off on auction. Notably a ring set with an 8.24 carat gem that broke the 'price-per-carat' record for rubies - $512,925 per carat, estimated $4.2m in total!
- Some Notable Celebrities who wear rubies include: Dannii Minogue, Demi Moore, Taylor Swift, Kate Nash and more.
- Rubies are mentioned four times in the Bible, in association with attributes like beauty and wisdom.
- In the language of Sanskrit, ruby is called ratnaraj, or ‘king of precious stones’.
- The regal & wealthy classes had exquisite collections of rubies. It personified the symbol of power for the mighty rulers.
- Ruby comes from the Latin origin ruber, meaning red.